Monday 8 June 2015

Cilantro Lime Chicken

I don't know about you guys, but when it comes to cooking I have the tendency to go a bit rogue. By that, I mean that I mostly just throw things in a pan and hope it comes out right. Most of the time this works out pretty well, though I would be lying if I told you that I've never overdone an ingredient or two and came up with something that barely resembles food. I'm sure Mike could tell you a thing or two about those mishaps.

Don't worry though. I've changed my ways since starting my own food blog. I'm far too terrified of forgetting an ingredient or step to play around like that when it comes to posting recipes. I'm still very much in the beginning stages of this blog that I'm absolutely flattered whenever I hear someone has tried one of my recipes and would never want to let anyone down.

I could go on about the challenges of food blogging - don't get me started on the photography part - but this is, after all, a food blog. So on with the food!


Being that it is summer - or so I'm told - there are certain meals that are simply a must.

If you're a fan of easy and delicious meals - then this cilantro and lime chicken is definitely one of them. Even if you're not particuarly a big cilantro fan, I'm sure I could win you over with this tender and juicy chicken. The fresh, bright flavors also work well if you want to slice it up and toss it in a salad for later meals.

Once again, I've made this low FODMAP which means I used garlic infused olive oil instead of garlic. If garlic isn't an issue for you or you don't have any infused oil feel free to add one clove of garlic. I did however add a 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder. That small of an amount spread through the entire marinade isn't enough to set off Mike's stomach troubles and I don't imagine it will be a problem for many people. If it is an issue just leave that bit out.





print recipe

Cilantro Lime Chicken
This cilantro and lime chicken takes a minimum amount of effort for a maximum amount of flavor perfect for easy weeknight dinners.
Ingredients
  • 4-5 Chicken breasts
  • 4 tablespoons Chopped Cilantro
  • 2 tablespoons Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
  • 1/2 cup Garlic Infused Olive Oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon (or to taste) Cayenne Powder *omit if AIP
  • 1 teaspoon Salt
  • 1 teaspoon Pepper
  • 1 lime Lime Zest
  • 1/2 teaspoon Fish Sauce
  • Coconut Oil for frying
Instructions
1. In a small bowl, make your marinade by mixing together everything except for the chicken breast. 2. Add your marinade and the chicken breast to a large ziplock bag. Seal and toss until each chicken breast is coated. Refrigerate and marinate for at least 30 minutes, but ideally for a few hours. I like to prepare this in the morning and then take it out to cook by the time dinner rolls around. 
3. When you're ready cook, take the chicken out of the fridge and let it rest on the counter while you heat a skillet with oil. Once the pan is hot enough, add the chicken and allow it to fry undisturbed on one side until you see the sides begin to cook, about 7-10 minutes. Flip each piece over and allow it to cook an additional 5-10 minutes. 
 4. When your chicken is fully cooked, remove from heat and allow it to rest for a few minutes before cutting and serving. Squeeze a little extra lime juice and garnish with cilantro is you choose and enjoy!
Details
Prep time: 30 mins - 8 hrs Cook time: Total time: Yield: 4 Servings



How do you guys cook? Are you more of an intuitive chef, or do you follow each recipe to the T? 

No comments:

Post a Comment